The Hottie Challenge is Opendrawer’s first project to help raise money for the Margaret Pratt Foundation.
Winter is here with the night chill upon us. What better way to ward off the cold than to cosy up with a Hottie! After careful inspection all hotties on display will be available to be taken home for a private session.
The hotties on show are individual works of art made by Melbourne’s artisans and creative arts community who have come together to raise funds for the Margaret Pratt Foundation who encourage, develop and maintain Australia’s world class expertise in organ transplant research. However it cannot be denied that cuddling up with a hot water bottle is one of the charms of living in Melbourne.
All entries will be on sale for the duration of the exhibition (1-24 July 2011) with 100% of the sales going to the Margaret Pratt Foundation. Sales, voting donations and proceeds from the 100+ entry applications are hoped to raise in excess of $5,000 for the foundation.
The exhibition will be officially opened on behalf of the Margaret Pratt Foundationon on Sunday 1st July 2011.
The Rules for the Challenge were:
Create a Hottie Cover using any art or textile techniques that you enjoy working in.
- Entry fee: $5.00 – Opendrawer will not keep any monies raised from the Entry Fee, any surplus will go to MPF.The photocopied template should be used as a guide for size. We will not be measuring so close enough will be good enough.
- Group entries will be accepted and encouraged.
- Age is no barrier.
- The Only Rule: The cardboard cutout must be used, it can be covered and/or coloured but should be within your cover, the neck hole must be kept open as this is how your cover is to be displayed.
- The finished entry is to be donated to the MPF for sale.
- All entries will be displayed in Opendrawer’s Gallery from Friday July 1 to Sunday July 24, 2011
- Finished entries must be with Opendrawer by Friday June 24th 2011. Please make sure your entry is clearly marked with your name and a short description of your masterpiece.
- There will be a public vote for the best Cover and the winner will receive an awesome trophy and much adulation.